Fishing is an extremely useful tool in Minecraft. You can gather “buckets upon buckets” of food by doing so, but it can be very time consuming. With some know how, and a few tips, you will be able to fish properly in no time. To fish you cast your pole into a body of water, and then you wait for the floating feather to bob down into the water. Once it does, you click it, and then you will catch something, even if it is junk.
A Fishing Rod is a fisherman’s best friend. Without it, you are nothing. A mere block shaped man without purpose. No-one wants that! So here is how to get your very own fishing rod. A fishing rod is made with sticks and string. You can obtain string by killing spiders. You get sticks from deconstructing wood in your crafting window. You can attach a carrot to the end of a fishing rod, and while riding animals, they will follow it.
Finding a Honey-hole
Finding a place to fish is very easy, just look for water, but there are a few things that help make a fishing hole better. When it is raining, you have a %60 higher chance of catching fish. So, whenever it starts to rain, break out your fishing pole and catch some food.
Types of Fish
- Raw Fish – an item received by fishing, can be made into cooked fish
- Cooked Fish – an item received by fishing, can be made from raw fish
- Raw Salmon – an item received by fishing, can be made into cooked salmon
- Cooked Salmon – an item received by fishing, can be made from raw salmon
- Clownfish – an item received by fishing
- Pufferfish – a poisonous item received by fishing, used in potion brewing
Giant Chart of Catching Possibilities
You can also enchant your fishing pole with lures, so that you have a higher chance of catching something.
I hope that this helped introduce you to fishing. Happy hunting!